[U-Boot] MPC8555 pci issue

Ashok Kumar Kacham ashokkumarkacham at bel.co.in
Thu Jan 3 14:03:49 CET 2013

Dear Wolfgang Denk

> Dear "Ashok Kumar Kacham",
>
> In message <0969b5bdd1b15922721db142831c3b02.squirrel at mail.bel.co.in> you
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we have a pci-to-usb controller(32bit,33MHZ,PCI1 controller, IDSEL 18)
>> on
>> pci bus, we disabled PCI and tried to read the configuration data(vendor
>> and
>> device id) of the usb controller by giving following commands.
>> (0xe0000000 is the CCSR base address)
>>
>> $mw 0xe0008000 0x80009000
>
> What exactly is this command supposed to do?

it writes the value 0x80009000 to addr e0008000 (we can also give the
count, we tried it also)
here e0008000 is the CFG_ADDR of PCI1 controller, where we can write the
bus number,device number, function number and config reg number of the pci
device we want to read. after writing it, we have to read the CFG_DATA
(addr 0xe0008004) register of PCI config space, then the PCI controller
will try to read that particular reg number from the PCI device.

>> $md 0xe0008004
>
> Which exact devices / registers are supposed to be mapped at
> 0xe0008000, 0xe0008004, and 0x80009000 ?
>
>> => mw 0xe0008000 0x80009000
>> => md 0xe0008004
>> e0008004:
>> //hangs here
>
> Are you 100% sure that reading a probably large number of 32 words
> starting at address 0xe0008004 should work?  Can you provide the
> register mapping for this address range?

same thing is working in one of our MPC8540 based board, where we are able
to read the vendor id and device id of the pci device properly.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> A list is only as strong as its weakest link.            -- Don Knuth
>
> Email secured by Check Point

Regards,
--
Ashok Kumar Kacham
Member(Research Staff),

Every 3000 Sheets of paper costs us a tree.. Save trees... Conserve
Trees. Don't print this email or any Files unless you really need to!!!!
Confidentiality Notice

attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender at Bharat Electronics  or support at bel.co.in immediately

Email secured by Check Point