[U-Boot] Selecting from multiple device trees at runtime

Curt Brune curt at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Jan 9 02:40:38 CET 2013

On 01/08/2013 02:37 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> Besides, it seems that storing a bunch of *.dtb in /boot is far easier
> than screwing around with FIT images, which just seem like a hopeless
> mess to me; why put a filesystem inside a file when there's already a
> /boot filesystem that you could use...

For my case the hardware vendor makes the u-boot not me.  Since I now
know about FIT images my one FIT image will support many vendors.

Any one vendor won't be too keen to put other vendors' dtb's on their
board by default.  Also there's no way they could know a priori what
other vendors my software would support.

Putting a bunch of dtb's in a file is great for me.

-Curt