[U-Boot] [U-Boot Web-Documentation misses command nand]

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 9 21:20:19 CET 2013

Dear Christoph Petzold,

In message <50ED1D4E.4050904 at gmx.de> you wrote:

> why is it, that the documentation in
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/Manual
> misses the U-Boot "nand" command? For newbies like me the web manual is
> one of the first points to start when trying to understand how to
> accomplish a
> specific boot task with the help of U-Boot. The sources contain
> documentation
> for the "nand" command in "doc/README.nand".

The reason is very simple: nobody added it yet.

> I wished to have had a hint in the Documentation at the very beginning of
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/Manual and maybe another hint in
> section "5.9 U-Boot command line interface", just a reference to the source
> documentation "src/doc".

Well, as you can see from the URL above, the whole documentation is a
wiki, i. e. a colaboration platform where everybody (including you) can
contribute.  If everybody who notes a wrong or missing piece invests a
little time to fix or add the wrong or missing stuff, then everybody
will be happy.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I can call spirits from the vasty deep."
"Why so can I, or so can any man; but will they come when you do call
for them?"          - Shakespeare, 1 King Henry IV, Act III, Scene I.