[U-Boot] BDI3000 - Unprotect flash sectors

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri Jan 11 14:24:44 CET 2013

Dear Waibel Georg,

CCing Wolfgang, he's the expert on both IMO.

> Hello,
>
> i'm not sure if this is the right place for this question...however, here
> it is:
>
> i'm using a BDI3000 to program uboot to the flash (Spansion S29GL512P) on a
MPC5200B base board. Erasing / Programming works fine as long as the flash
sectors are not protected (via PPB bit). On a protected sector the erase command
fails (what makes sense). I thought I can use the unlock command to unprotect
the sectors, but this command seems not to work:
> > unlock 0xfff00000 1000
>
> Unlocking flash at 0xfff00000
> # Invalid parameter for flash programming
>
> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Flash configuration:
> [FLASH]
> CHIPTYPE    MIRRORX16