[U-Boot] NAND flash - bad blocks

Dimitar Penev dpn at switchfin.org
Tue Jan 15 12:09:16 CET 2013

Hi Scott,

I have tried to do some more tests on the board with the NAND chip I have
scrub-ed

-I have done 'nand erase.chip clean' and tried to probe different nand
regions
(I have 128MB RAM and 1GB NAND and I am not sure how I could dump the whole
NAND at once)
It seems the whole NAND is 0xFF

After that I have written 10MB at the beginning of the NAND and those data
was verified to be written OK
Outside of the 10MB region the NAND stays 0xFF

in Linux 'nandtest' doesn't report any issue.

So I tend to think that nand scrub did a good think for me.

Best Regards
Dimitar