[U-Boot] U-Boot Graphics Library?

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Fri Jan 18 21:57:22 CET 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Steve Strobel
<steve.strobel at link-comm.com> wrote:
> Maybe the USB flash drive used for recovery could contain not only the image
> to be written to flash, but also a bootable OS image used to provide
> on-screen messages during the recovery process.  You would still need the
> read-only code to provide enough of a UI to boot from the USB flash drive,
> but the rest of the messages could be generated by that OS.

Yes that's exactly what we do...and yes we still need the read-only
code to provide a minimal GUI to get things started. That was the
subject of this thread. The recovery mode GUI is provided by a Linux
user space tool, but we need to get there first...

Regards,
Simon