[U-Boot] configure USB Host1 in U-Boot of iMx53

sarvesh gupta guptasarvesh84 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 07:12:57 CET 2013

Fabio Estevam <festevam <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sarvesh,
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Stefano Babic <sbabic <at> denx.de> wrote:
>
> > This ML is intended for U-Boot mainline. However, you are using a
> > version provided and modified by the manufacturer. Ask your support for
> > this, or use u-boot mainline (v2013.01) to post your questions on this
> > mailing list.
>
> USB host works by default on mx53loco. As Stefano suggested, please
> switch to U-boot version 2013.01.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fabio Estevam

Fabio,

Thanks, I have started using the 2013.01 and I am able to get the storage
device. Fatload and fatls commands are also working.

Now I want to boot my linux from USB stick, So, can you suggest me the procedure
for the same?
Actually my intention is to boot from USb then mount the sdcard and copy the tar
files of u-boot, uTmage and rootfs into sdcard to update. Please suggest.