[U-Boot] how to create patches for mailing

Hebbar, Gururaja gururaja.hebbar at ti.com
Thu Jan 24 09:02:12 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 13:10:56, Maxim Podbereznyy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to add a new board support to u-boot. So I did the following:
>
> 1) git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git u-boot-dev
> 2) modified existing files, added new

Use "git commit" to commit your changes to tree

> 3) built the tree for my board, beagle and overo - OK
> 4) git format-patch - nothing happens

git-format-patch -M --signoff --stat -p --raw -n -3 --cover-letter

-3 == generate patches for 1st 3 patch
-n = use n/n style
--cover-letter == Generate Cover letter (0/n patch)

> are there any step by step instructions how to create and submit patches to
> u-boot mail-list?

Use git-send-email to send patches

git-send-email --to ' u-boot at lists.denx.de'  --cc 'maintainers at email.id' --cc 'related_developer at email.id'  --cc 'self_for_reference at email.id' --suppress-cc=all <required-patches>

> Reading this