[U-Boot] Can I read env from RAM in uboot script?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 26 08:41:03 CET 2013

Dear John Stile,

In message <1359165410.7974.114.camel at genx> you wrote:
> Is it possible to have uboot read it's environment from a RAM address,
> rather than NAND?
> OR
> Can uboot's scripting support load variables from a RAM address?

Yes, all this can be done.  And easily.  See for example the
"env import" command.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Software suppliers are trying to make their  software  packages  more
``user-friendly''.  .  .  .  Their best approach, so far, has been to
take all the old brochures, and stamp the words, ``user-friendly'' on
the cover.                                               - Bill Gates