[U-Boot] u-boot build error [from v2013.01 onwards]

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 28 12:34:06 CET 2013

Dear Jagan Teki,

In message <CAD6G_RQv2JH8N6UDjtuakU-s9auhVENRnEfwnEgNk_oUnepiwA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > GNU Make is 3.80 at my end.
>
> I have just upgraded my Make from 3.80 to 3.81..
> u-boot build works fine.

Ah, thanks for reporting.

But please note that v3.81 is still 7 years old.  Why don't you use
recent code (v3.82, wich actually is already 2.5 yeards old as well)?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Voodoo Programming: Things programmers do that  they  know  shouldn't
work  but they try anyway, and which sometimes actually work, such as
recompiling everything.                             - Karl Lehenbauer