[U-Boot] MMC - Error detected in status(0x208100)!

Jagannadha Sutradharudu Teki jagannadha.sutradharudu-teki at xilinx.com
Wed Jan 30 11:48:14 CET 2013

Hi Andy,

The latest patch "mmc: Properly determine maximum supported bus width"
(sha1: 7798f6dbd5e1a3030ed81a81da5dfb57c3307cac) is causing some error status issue on
zynq platform with MMC Plus cards.

Here the out what I get with inclusion of this patch on u-boot tree.
zynq-uboot> mmcinfo
Error detected in status(0x208100)!
Device: zynq_sdhci
Manufacturer ID: 1e
OEM: ffff
Name: MMC
Tran Speed: 52000000
Rd Block Len: 512
MMC version 4.0
High Capacity: No
Capacity: 1.9 GiB
Bus Width: 4-bit

When I revert this path, I am unable to see the status error.
zynq-uboot> mmcinfo
Device: zynq_sdhci
Manufacturer ID: 1e
OEM: ffff
Name: MMC
Tran Speed: 52000000
Rd Block Len: 512
MMC version 4.0
High Capacity: No
Capacity: 1.9 GiB
Bus Width: 12-bit

I think the above one is also a buggy as my controller is unable to support 12-bit bus width.?

Request for any inputs.

Thanks,
Jagan.