[U-Boot] anyone implemented a failsafe upgrade involving two kernel/rootfs pairs?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 31 20:03:20 CET 2013

Dear Robert,

In message <alpine.DEB.2.02.1301310921310.9010 at oneiric> you wrote:

>   ok, i'm going to clear my schedule for the day and just read the
> u-boot manual cover to cover finally -- it will probably resolve a lot

Don't hold your breath that it will cover all topics.  There are way
too many cases where customers are not willing to also pay for public
documentation of the stuff they asked for;  we're already happy that
almost all code goes into mainline.

> of my questions.  if it's all right, i might update some of the manual
> wiki pages, like this one that corresponds to the patch i just
> submitted:

All such reductional work is highly welcome.

> p.s.  just edited that page, hope i did it correctly.  onward ...

Looks fine, thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our business is run on trust.  We trust you will pay in advance.