[U-Boot] TFTP timeouts, i.mx fec problem?

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri Jun 7 03:25:08 CEST 2013

Dear Fabio Estevam,

> Hi Ruud,
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Ruud Commandeur <RCommandeur at clb.nl> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have been testing for a while now on the i.mx28 evk, and I noticed
> > that almost all tftp transfers take some time before they actually
> > start. It will show a 'T' as first character, then followed by '#'
>
> Besides the initial timeout you mentioned, I also see some timeouts
> during the kernel transfer.
>
> I have just sent two patches converting mx28evk to use phylib, but I
> still see the timeouts there.
>
> I see that in the kernel there is a workaround for LAN8270 low por
> mode and I will try it when I have a chance.
>
> Please let me know if you make any progress on this.

I'm also having issues when pulling stuff from my main system via TFTP
sometimes. This is manifesting by _lots_ of timeouts. The problem in this case
is some weirdness in e1000e in my system, after I force-switch the main system
to 100baseT (using ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full), I no longer get
timeouts (even after I force-switch it back to 1000baseT later). But I suspect
this is some network issue on my end.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut