[U-Boot] 2013.07-rc1 plans?

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Jun 10 17:55:24 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 08:43:20AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net>wrote:
>
> > Hi Otavio,
> >
> > On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 12:54:31 -0300, Otavio Salvador
> > <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'd like to know what the plains regarding rc releases?
> >
> > Dunno right now what Tom is planning, but before it goes out, I would
> > like to first finish going through my current todo on patchwork (and
> > also sort out the current TI PR) so that rc1 has all ARM changes known
> > to be meant for 2013.07.
> >

> Right; I am specially interested on this but I also believe a more clear
> schedule or plan would be good.
>
> Maybe U-Boot could adopt a more or less 'rc' release as kernel. I don't
> think it needs to be weekly but every two weeks could be interesting?

My intention has been to do more frequent rc releases.  I started out
doing that, but have slipped a bit.  I've honestly intented to do a rc1
for a while, but have just kept telling myself "one more thing", and not
tagging and pushing.  I will do -rc1 this week as a reminder to everyone
that hasn't posted pull requests that the time is coming for things
being just too late.

--
Tom