[U-Boot] howto write uboot to nand

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Jun 28 23:04:56 CEST 2013

On 06/28/2013 03:15:03 PM, kqt4at5v at gmail.com wrote:
> I thought I should ask before I screw this up. I have a new uboot
> that I load with kwboot. It works fine and I want to write it to
> nand. I see many references to write it after loading with tftp but
> not kwboot. Can I do this? How? This is to a Guruplug. Using tftp
>
> tftp 0x6400000 u-boot.kwb
> nand erase 0x00000000 0x0100000
> nand write 0x6400000 0x0000000 0x80000

I'm not familiar with guruplug or kwboot (if you want an answer from
someone who is, you should put it in the subject line) -- but assuming
the image is supposed to be written to the beginning of NAND, the
commands look good.

I'm curious why you erase 1 MiB but only write 512 KiB, though.  Even
if your erase block size really is that large, the "nand erase" command
will round up (so you can use $filesize if you want).

-Scott