[U-Boot] howto write uboot to nand

Jason Cooper u-boot at lakedaemon.net
Sat Jun 29 17:28:52 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 03:15:03PM -0500, kqt4at5v at gmail.com wrote:
> I thought I should ask before I screw this up. I have a new uboot
> that I load with kwboot. It works fine and I want to write it to
> nand. I see many references to write it after loading with tftp but
> not kwboot. Can I do this? How? This is to a Guruplug. Using tftp
>
> tftp 0x6400000 u-boot.kwb
> nand erase 0x00000000 0x0100000
> nand write 0x6400000 0x0000000 0x80000

Well, I typically use openocd and the jtag board to do the same thing.
I'll use openocd to load and execute the new version of u-boot that I
built, and then from that new u-boot, I'll transfer the .kwb image I
want to burn to flash.

So, basically, you can just use tftp like you outlined above, but from
the new image you loaded and executed via kwboot.

Ultimately, you're responsible if it breaks.  No response here is going
to mitigate that ;-)

hth,

Jason.