[U-Boot] TI's OMAPL138 and KSZ8876 switch on u-boot

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Mar 15 07:23:44 CET 2013

Hi Andy,

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 23:55:14 +0000, Andy Ng <andreas2025 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to get a u-boot going on OMAPL138 with three port switch
> KSZ8873FL, that has one MII port attached to the OMAP and two 10/100BASE-FX
> transceivers. Up to now, the ARP packets are going out and received by the
> host when doing a tftp download, but the return packets from the host don't
> get to the EMAC MII port.
> Do I need to perform any configuration on KSZ8873 over I2C or MII in order
> to get it going? The u-boot has support for KSZ8873  but it is hard to find
> which board has make use of it.
>
> Any ideas how to make the KSZ8873FL going with the u-boot?

Apparently there is very little code referring to this switch, and
none that configures it. Your question would be best answered with
the KSZ8873FL datasheet, to see how this switch is configured by
default.

Also, you should compare your hardware's eth and switch configuration
to that of U-boot-supported davinci boards known to use the KSZ8873.

> Kind regards,
> Andreas

Amicalement,
--