[U-Boot] u-boot gerrit server

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Thu Nov 14 20:27:54 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 03:14:13PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
[snip]

> What I think it'd be possible to get working would be:
>
> Custodians would have Submit rights
> Custodians would have +2 review rights
> "Normal" people would have +1 review rights
> CI system could have the +1 for verified
> Single tree
>
> So essentially custodians could be assigned using some keyword, file
> matching and other clever heuristics, but it'd give freedom for them
> to 'drop' their review need or add someone else. Once they submit a
> change it goes straight to 'master' branch.
>
> This easy the merging of stuff but this ends with the sub-trees.

This sounds like a first good step to me.  It's important that things
get reviewed and everyone seems to be able to see the difference between
"this is a small change to $subsystem driver for $soc, $soc custodian
can just push it" and "this is a big change, $subsystem custodian should
speak up too".  But I still want a final say on when things are able to
be merged into master

--
Tom