[U-Boot] i2c issues with efikamx and mainline uboot

Konstantinos Margaritis markos at freevec.org
Thu Nov 21 00:15:18 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:02:19 +0100 (CET)
Benoît Thébaudeau <benoit.thebaudeau at advansee.com> wrote:
> I use the i.MX515, and the I²C worked fine at some point in mainline
> U-Boot. If it does not work for you now, it's either because of a
> software regression, or because of some board-specific issue, e.g.
> pads. SION may have to be set for I²C.

Hi Benoît,

By "SION may have to be set for I²C", do you mean that
IOMUX_CONFIG_SION might have to be defined and ORed in the MX51 pads
in arch/arm/include/asm/arch-mx5/iomux-mx51.h just is it is set in
arch/arm/include/asm/arch-mx5/iomux-mx53.h, for example:

MX53_PAD_KEY_COL3__I2C2_SCL = IOMUX_PAD(0x364, 0x03C, 4 |
IOMUX_CONFIG_SION, 0x81C, 0, NO_PAD_CTRL),

How do I know in which ones do I have to set SION? I've added some
pad defines in the mx51 file, needed for LCD bringup, and I hope I did
it the right way -at least I followed the RM as close as I could and
Marek was of tremendous help here, but I didn't even know about that
SION thing while doing that. I'd gladly try it out, before following
Fabio's advice and try to merge the patches to the u-boot-imx tree
-tried already but they don't apply cleanly, I'll have to do it when I
get more free time, most likely during the weekend.

Regards

Konstantinos