[U-Boot] (no subject)

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Nov 21 09:34:36 CET 2013

Hi Bojan,

On 21/11/2013 09:09, Bojan Buić wrote:
> I'm trying in board iMX233-OLinuXino-MICRO
> (https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/iMX233/iMX233-OLinuXino-MICRO/open-source-hardware)
> setup hardware watchdogin the uboot.
>
> I checkout uboot code and recompile it(I found steps here :
> http://www.jann.cc/2013/02/07/u_boot_for_the_imx233_olinuxino.html).
>
> I tried to call a function hw_watchdog_init from class: imx_watchdog.c
> (http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=drivers/watchdog/imx_watchdog.c;h=d5993b4d26d6ba6018031cc5b31f7966d13a5ca8;hb=c2e5e802ecb7ab668ce9911b210ed68c804b349f)
> in the code  .
>
> In this method, I uncomment line # define CONFIG_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_MSECS
> 128000 and I expected that the system will be restarted after, 128
> seconds, but did not.
> I am sure that this method(hw_watchdog_init) is called because before
> and after i write debug messages to console

Wait...

Checking the Makefile in the drivers/watchdog directory:

ifneq (,$(filter $(SOC), mx31 mx35 mx5 mx6 vf610))
obj-y += imx_watchdog.o
endif

That is: watchdog is supported for other i.MX families. It is not
surprising if it is not working, I am surprised that hw_watchdog_init is
called, because imx_watchdog should not be compiled.

I have not checked inside MX23 manual, but if it is as in MX28 you have
to enable the watchdog inside the RTC. It works in a different way as in
other imx, and the current driver is not suitable for MX23. You have to
add support for it.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de