[U-Boot] (no subject)

Bojan Buić bojan.buic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 09:09:53 CET 2013

I'm trying in board iMX233-OLinuXino-MICRO (
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/iMX233/iMX233-OLinuXino-MICRO/open-source-hardware
) setup hardware watchdog in the uboot.

I checkout uboot code and recompile it(I found steps here :
http://www.jann.cc/2013/02/07/u_boot_for_the_imx233_olinuxino.html).

I tried to call a function hw_watchdog_init from class: imx_watchdog.c (
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=drivers/watchdog/imx_watchdog.c;h=d5993b4d26d6ba6018031cc5b31f7966d13a5ca8;hb=c2e5e802ecb7ab668ce9911b210ed68c804b349f
) in the code  .

In this method, I uncomment line # define CONFIG_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_MSECS
128000 and I expected that the system will be restarted after, 128 seconds, but
did not.
I am sure that this method(hw_watchdog_init) is called because before and
after i write debug messages to console

I tested like this:

1. recompile code with calling method hw_watchdog_init
3. upload this file to my SD card with dd command
3. start linux
4. waiting for 128 seconds and I was expecting that the system will
berestart but
did not.

What to do?

WDOG1_BASE_ADDR -> what is the value of this variable ?

Thank you

--
Bojan Buić