[U-Boot] Which u-boot tree to start for dra7xx_evm

Richard Retanubun richardretanubun at ruggedcom.com
Thu Nov 21 22:14:56 CET 2013

Hi Tom,

Sorry to keep bugging you today.

I was just informed by one of my colleagues that there are another ti uboot git tree

So out of these three:
[1] http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=repo/u-boot.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-ti-u-boot-2013.04
[2] http://git.ti.com/ti-u-boot/ti-u-boot/commits/ti-u-boot-2013.10
[3] denx's master

Which one should we use if we want to get as close to mainline
with dra7xx_evm capable of booting from eMMC in RAW mode?

Our eval platform comes with sources from [1] and boots all the way to the linux.
The ones built from [2] or [3] are not booting into the linux in the uSD.

it errors out like this:

U-Boot 2013.10-00095-g996f0c4 (Nov 21 2013 - 19:53:47)

CPU  : DRA752 ES1.0
Board: DRA7xx
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  1.5 GiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
Using default environment

SATA link 0 timeout.
AHCI 0001.0300 32 slots 1 ports 3 Gbps 0x1 impl SATA mode
flags: 64bit ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part ccc apst
scanning bus for devices...
Found 0 device(s).
Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
cpsw
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
mmc0 is current device
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt
** Unable to read file uEnv.txt **
** File not found /boot/zImage **
mmc1(part 0) is current device
SD/MMC found on device 1
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
** No partition table - mmc 1 **

If it is a matter of porting some patches, we are willing to help test and mainline
if it means we can get denx-master for dra7xx working.

Thanks for your time, Tom.
--
-- Richard Retanubun