[U-Boot] Which u-boot tree to start for dra7xx_evm

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Nov 22 00:30:36 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 04:14:56PM -0500, Richard Retanubun wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Sorry to keep bugging you today.
>
> I was just informed by one of my colleagues that there are another ti uboot git tree
>
> So out of these three:
> [1] http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=repo/u-boot.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/p-ti-u-boot-2013.04
> [2] http://git.ti.com/ti-u-boot/ti-u-boot/commits/ti-u-boot-2013.10
> [3] denx's master
>
> Which one should we use if we want to get as close to mainline
> with dra7xx_evm capable of booting from eMMC in RAW mode?
>
> Our eval platform comes with sources from [1] and boots all the way to the linux.
> The ones built from [2] or [3] are not booting into the linux in the uSD.
>
> it errors out like this:
>
> U-Boot 2013.10-00095-g996f0c4 (Nov 21 2013 - 19:53:47)
>
> CPU  : DRA752 ES1.0
> Board: DRA7xx
> I2C:   ready
> DRAM:  1.5 GiB
> MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
> Using default environment
>
> SATA link 0 timeout.
> AHCI 0001.0300 32 slots 1 ports 3 Gbps 0x1 impl SATA mode
> flags: 64bit ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part ccc apst
> scanning bus for devices...
> Found 0 device(s).
> Net:   <ethaddr> not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
> cpsw
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> mmc0 is current device
> SD/MMC found on device 0
> reading uEnv.txt
> ** Unable to read file uEnv.txt **
> ** File not found /boot/zImage **
> mmc1(part 0) is current device
> SD/MMC found on device 1
> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
> ** No partition table - mmc 1 **
>

> If it is a matter of porting some patches, we are willing to help test and mainline
> if it means we can get denx-master for dra7xx working.

So, from the log above I assume that's the ti-u-boot-2013.10 tree, as
that as SATA patches that will be merged into mainline soon.  From the
[1] tree, stop the boot process and printenv bootcmd, and copy that info
over (or see what their include/configs/dra7xx_evm.h says the bootcmd
is) as the error you show is just that the default location for the
kernel isn't correct with the Android rootfs you're using.  Mainline
also doesn't have CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION set which is why it can't read
the partition table.  That's an easy patch to make and post :)

--
Tom