[U-Boot] mx28: Error: unrecognized/unsupported processor variant (0x41069265).

Måns Rullgård mans at mansr.com
Sat Nov 23 16:50:51 CET 2013

Mårten Wikman <marten.wikman at novia.fi> writes:

>> Still getting the CPU ID printed by the kernel?  Then something between
>> you setting the value and the kernel reading it is going wrong.
>
> Yes I still get the CPU ID printed by the kernel.  What I understand
> you should not have to set machid manually if everything is done
> correctly?

I've never had to set it manually, and either way it's strange for the
CPU ID to show up there.  The machine ID is passed to the kernel in r1
from the u-boot function boot_jump_linux().  I'd start by verifying that
this function is indeed passing the proper value.

> To be able to boot u-boot on our custom board we have changed
> spl_mem_init.c so dram_vals matches our memory configuration and in
> include/configs/mx28evk.h where we changed PHYS_SDRAM_1_SIZE. The
> kernel image we're trying to load is compiled with mxs_defconfig
> without any changes and it loads without problems on the evk-board.
> Could it be that we somehow messed up with the memconfiguration?

I can't see how that would end up in the wrong machine ID being passed
to the kernel.

--
Måns Rullgård
mans at mansr.com