[U-Boot] [RFC] ARM: U-boot and 2 GiB of ram with get_ram_size only being long

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Oct 15 09:12:41 CEST 2013

Hi Oliver,

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 04:41:31 +0200, Oliver Schinagl
<oliver+list at schinagl.nl> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Having not received any feed back at all, I went ahead and did the
> changes anyway. Everything seems to run and work fine for sunxi and
> prints proper sizes.
>
> For the other boards, I tried to run a MAKEALL but there where so many
> random other warnings I can't say for 100% certainty there where no
> mistakes that crept in.

There cannot possibly be a single warning if you're working from an
official U-Boot repo, as warnings are considered failures and thus no
patch reaches u-boot/master if it causes a warning. Thus, any warning
stems from the change you're introducing, and they are probably due to
a few common causes.

Can you provide a rough analysis/classification of the warnings?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.