[U-Boot] Can a standalone application send data via Ethernet in U-Boot?

rvijay435 rvijay435 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 05:39:03 CEST 2013

In Linux, we have sendto and recvfrom calls to send and receive data from the
external devices connected via Ethernet. Now I am executing my code on
U-Boot as a standalone application. I need to replace these socket calls
which should be independent of OS.

Are there any APIs/drivers provided in U-Boot so that I can use them
directly and transfer the data to and from the Target Board? If so where
should I check for a processor specific driver? I am unable to find it. The
board which I am using is a customized one based on MPC8548E processor.