[U-Boot] Question about CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FAT

Dmitriy Alekseev alexeev6 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 12:08:36 CEST 2013

Hello Submarine Friends!

My goal is to keep env at fat partition on mmc.
I added these definitions to am335x_evm.h config.

#define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FAT
#define FAT_ENV_INTERFACE "mmc"
#define FAT_ENV_DEVICE 0
#define FAT_ENV_PART 1
#define FAT_ENV_FILE "uEnv.txt"

This enables to store the content on MMC, but I am concerned about two things:
1)I got this warning message every booting:
reading uEnv.txt
FAT: Misaligned buffer address (8fa16f10)
2) There is a problem with opening the file in text editors, because it have non ascii bytes at head.
But seems data is not corrupt.

Is it ok? Help me shedding some light on these issues.
Thank You.

Best Regards,
Dima.