[U-Boot] Question about CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FAT

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Oct 18 17:10:02 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 03:08:36AM -0700, Dmitriy Alekseev wrote:

> Hello Submarine Friends!
>

> My goal is to keep env at fat partition on mmc.
> I added these definitions to am335x_evm.h config.
>
> #define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FAT
> #define FAT_ENV_INTERFACE "mmc"
> #define FAT_ENV_DEVICE 0
> #define FAT_ENV_PART 1
> #define FAT_ENV_FILE "uEnv.txt"

Note that the uEnv.txt file is used for something similar but different,
so please use a different name here.

> This enables to store the content on MMC, but I am concerned about two things:
> 1)I got this warning message every booting:
> reading uEnv.txt
> FAT: Misaligned buffer address (8fa16f10)

Depending on where in the boot process that is, it could be that.

> 2) There is a problem with opening the file in text editors, because it have non ascii bytes at head.
> But seems data is not corrupt.

Correct.  With the environment stored as a file in FAT it is NOT also
stored in plain text.  You would need to use fw_printenv/setenv to
modify it.

--
Tom