[U-Boot] Final talk schedule for U-Boot mini summit and collection of discussion topics

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Oct 18 18:26:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

the schedule for the U-Boot mini conference next week has been
finalized:

,---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------.
| Time          | Speaker         | Summary                                      |
|---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------|
| 13:00 - 13:20 | Marek Vasut     | Using i.MX28/i.MX233 without Freescale tools |
| 13:30 - 13:50 | Scott Wood      | TPL: SPL loading SPL                         |
|               |                 | (and, SPL as just another U-Boot config)     |
| 14:00 - 14:20 | Stefano Babic   | Falcon Boot: current status and              |
|               |                 | enhancements                                 |
|---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------|
| 14:30 - 14:45 |                 | Break                                        |
|---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------|
| 14:45 - 15:05 | Lukasz Majewski | Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) -              |
|               |                 | present situation and future development     |
| 15:15 - 15:35 | Jagan Teki      | U-boot verified RSA boot flow on arm -       |
|               |                 | with demo run                                |
| 15:45 - 16:05 | Simon Glass     | Driver model, Kconfig and a little Patman    |
|---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------|
| 16:15 - 16:30 |                 | Break                                        |
|---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------|
| 16:30 - 17:00 | Everybody       | Open Discussion                              |
`---------------+-----------------+----------------------------------------------/

A notable change is the talk from Jagan that changed from "Android
fastboot" to "U-Boot verified RSA boot flow on arm".  As this would have
overlapped Simon Glass' talk "Verified Boot on Chrome OS and How to do
it yourself" (14:00 - 14:50) in the main track we swapped those two
presentations.  This way people interested in verified booting can
attend both talks.

In the meantime our schedule has found its way to the main web pages[1],
hopefully giving us a wider audience.  Currently the swap explained in
the last paragraph is still pending, but I hope this to show up soon.

In this second part of my message I'd like to invite everybody to
collect topics that need/should be discussed at the U-Boot mini summit,
especially in the Open Discussion part at the end.  As of now we have
collected two items:

 - Assigning maintainership on a directory basis comparable to Linux
   kernel

 - Proposals of maintainers to reduce their workload

What else do you want to bring to the attention of the attendants?

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://embeddedlinuxconferenceeu2013.sched.org/

--
A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming, is
not worth knowing.             -- Alan Perlis, Epigrams on Programming