[U-Boot] Can a standalone application send data via Ethernet in U-Boot?

rvijay435 rvijay435 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 08:09:19 CEST 2013

Dear Wolfgang,
Can I use tsec_miiphy_write () function which is defined in
drivers/net/tsec.c for sending the data from standalone application via
Ethernet. I am trying to export this function and use it.
The files I edited for exporting are: "include/exports.h",
"include/_exports.h", "common/exports.c".
At jumptable_init () function in common/exports.c, I am giving the following
line:
gd->jt[XF_tsec_miiphy_write] = tsec_miiphy_write.

But the *error* I am getting is:

common/libcommon.a(exports.o):(.got2+0x0): undefined reference to
'tsec_miiphy_write'.

Note:
Is this error coming because the function is static?

If so, how to export and use them in standalone application of U-Boot?