[U-Boot] u-boot and Linux hanle ubifs ecc in different way on beaglebon variant board

matti kaasinen matti.kaasinen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 15:18:15 CEST 2013

Hi!

Im working on beaglebone variant board - basically the same as beaglebone
but with NAND flash on board with am33x processor.

Ubifs works fine when I access it purely from Linux (formatting, making
ubifs volume etc.). However, when I try to access it from u-boot, e.g
execute ubi part - command, I get tons of ecc error messages. If I reboot
board after this, it turns out that this ubifs has been corrupted but that
ubi part command.

Board is running latest beaglebone linux (3.8.11) with device tree
(Angstrom distribution). I have tried both with and without BCH8 HW support
enabled in kernel. Both seems to work in the same way as far as u-boot is
concerned.

Any suggestion to find the problem?

I do have error code listings, procedures I executed etc. if needed to
verify.

Best regards,
Matti