No subject

Tue Oct 15 21:54:23 CEST 2013

At present U-Boot environment variables, and thus scripts, are defined
> by CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS. It is painful to add large amounts of text
> to this file and dealing with quoting and newlines is harder than it
> should be. It would be better if we could just type the script into a
> text file and have it included by U-Boot.

Well yes I could adjust 'env export -t' to use the same format - is that a
good idea, or not? I can see down-sides. We can of course convert existing
files brought in by 'env import -t' (by making the import flexible) but I
worry that there might be external tools that users have which expect the
format to be a certain way.

I agree creating a new format is not ideal - it's just that the existing C
header format is so painful...

Regards,
Simon

--485b3970d160c06fb304e9d48797--