[U-Boot] gpmi-nand driver and jffs2 support

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Tue Sep 3 13:53:18 CEST 2013

Dear Huang Shijie,

> 于 2013年09月02日 19:32, Marek Vasut 写道:
> > This makes not much sense to me. If what you claim is true, than JFFS2 in
> > U-Boot and Linux would be incompatible for all MTD drivers. This would
> > also mean that
>
> The jffs2 in uboot and linux is compatible now. But the mtd base code,
> such as nand_base.c /nand_bbt.c
> has changed.

Ok, based on this claim AND U-Boot being last synced with Linux 3.7, the obvious
questions comes to mind. Is JFFS2 support in Linux 3.7 not compatible with JFFS2
in Linux -next? Is this true? Can I not mount JFFS2 partition under Linux-next
that I could mount with Linux 3.7 and earlier?

> And the gpmi for kernel has be changed too.
> All these changes are not sync with the uboot yet.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut