[U-Boot] gpmi-nand driver and jffs2 support

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Wed Sep 4 16:00:36 CEST 2013

Dear Huang Shijie,

> 于 2013年09月03日 19:53, Marek Vasut 写道:
> > questions comes to mind. Is JFFS2 support in Linux 3.7 not compatible
> > with JFFS2 in Linux -next? Is this true? Can I not mount JFFS2 partition
> > under Linux-next
>
> The jffs2 does not changed since the linux 3.7.
> All the changes happened in the drivers and mtd code.

OK, JFFS2 aside then, let's focus on MTD core code.

> The gpmi does not support the jffs2 all the time. Only apply the slc/mlc
> patch set,
> the gpmi can support the jffs2.

How come hector was then able to write his JFFS2 partition ?

> So the jffs2 support is compatiable all the time.

Is the old Freescale 2.6.35 GPMI NAND format compatible with the one after
applying this patchset?

> > that I could mount with Linux 3.7 and earlier?
>
> I think the mount can be succeeded.

Ok, does that mean that we need this patchset in U-Boot in order to properly
write JFFS2 onto GPMI NAND there? Is that the message you wanted to relay to us?

Best regards,
Marek Vasut