[U-Boot] Help with a PPCXXX port

txcotrader txcotrader at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 19:44:01 CEST 2013

I'm trying to port a custom board running a AMCC 460SX processor to a more
recent version of U-Boot. I'm digging around the configuration registers
trying to figure out why my initial printout is showing:

U-Boot 2013.03932a-dirty (Sep 12 2013 - 14:57:13)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 460SX Rev. A at 231.291 MHz (PLB=33 OPB=16 EBC=4)
       Security support
       Bootstrap Option A - Boot ROM Location EBC (8 bits)
       Internal PCI arbiter enabled
       32 kche 32 kB D-Cache

While the older version is:
U-Boot 1.3.4 (Oct 20 2012 - 11:14:42)

CPU:   AMCC PowerPC 460SX Rev. B at 800 MHz (PLB=200 MHz, OPB=100 MHz,
EBC=100 MHz, DDR=400 MHz)
       Bootstrap Option A - Boot ROM Location EBC (16 bits)
       Internal PCI arbiter disabled
       32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache

The Rev, Clock Frequency, PLB, OPB, EBC and DDR values are either different
or non-existent. I'm going to continue to dig, but if anyone is willing to
provide some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!