[U-Boot] How do ARM platform initialize DDR?

Mj Embd mj.embd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 09:13:28 CEST 2013

Hi York,

I was thinking about your problem and this could be a solution
mpc85xx uses a family of ddr controllers.
I believe they would be migrated to LayerScape,

Freescale has also i.mx4/5/6 series and coming i.mx8, that series
uses/might use another ddr controller

Option1
As you suggested which looks a worthy option.
 ddr/fsl/contoller1/ --- for 85xx
 ddr/fsl/contoller2/ --- for I.mx

in your board config file, you might want to use
 CONFIG_DDR_CONTROLLER_MPC85xx
or CONFIG_DDR_CONTROLLER_IMX

PS: I see no direct relation between ddr controller and core, also
freescale is going core agnostic so I think the ddr controller be moved
from cpu folder to driver/ddr folder.

-Regards
mj

-mj