[U-Boot] Different Port for TFTP communication

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Apr 7 18:52:43 CEST 2014

Dear Mario,

In message <F50CAB352C149543A6F2FFE37D4B59348AC9E60A at S1.mackware.local> you wrote:

> I have a short question about TFTP usage in u-boot.
> Is it possible to change the Port for TFTP communication
> while u-boot is running. Standard path for TFTP is 69
> an let's say, we want to change port to 1500.

As is, this cannot be changed.  The TFTP port number is hard wired
in the code - see "net/tftp.c":

 18 /* Well known TFTP port # */
 19 #define WELL_KNOWN_PORT 69

Of course it should be trivial to add a config option for this, or
even make it changable at runtime.  But I have to admit that I don't
see many actual use cases for such a modification.

Could you please explain why you need to do this - is this just some
exotic environment, or is this needed for some more general use case?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
For those who like this sort of thing, this is the sort of thing they
like.                                               - Abraham Lincoln