[U-Boot] SPI NOR MTD's

Jeff Horn jeff at everlook.net
Fri Apr 25 18:18:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am new to u-boot. I have u-boot working on a custom board for the
freescale i.MX6 Solo. We have SPI NOR (m25p32) and with sf probe I can see
the device. I can also erase/write/read and boot my kernel from SPI NOR.
However, I just can not  figure out how to use MTD's. I have MTDIDS_DEFAULT
"nor0=m25p32.0" and I've defined MTDPARTS_DEFAULT. I just don't understand
what I need to put in the MTDIDS_DEFAULT. In addition, it's obvious that
there is no connection between cmd_sf and cmd_parts. With the
MTDIDS_DEFAULT defined as above I get Device nor0 not found. Also. with
flinfo I get nothing listed.

Any help/guidance setting up MTD's on SPI NOR is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff