[U-Boot] [RFC] Kconfig: MAINTAINERS file or not?

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Mon Apr 28 11:58:55 CEST 2014

Hi.

Before I send Kconfig series v2,
please let me cofirm our approach of maintainers info.

When I posted the RFC series in March, I put
maintainers info and board status
into defconfig of each board.
But this idea was rejected.

Instead, MAINTAINERS file as in Linux Kernel was proposed.
(And the patch series by Daniel is already on Patchwork.)
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/340546/
But Wolfgang (and Albert) disagreed with it.

In Kconfig v1 series, I put maintainers info and board status
in board/*/*/Kconfig as non-user-editable settings:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/342089/

But I am not sure if this is a good idea.
(At least, it is dirty.)

In v2, I will drop maintainers info and board status from Kconfig
and leave them to Daniel's patch.

Any furthur comments about this?

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada