[U-Boot] fw_printenv - 'Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment'

shobin b shobin at live.com
Wed Apr 30 09:19:20 CEST 2014

hi,   i'm using the uboot-tools (fw_printenv) to readout the env-settings of my toradex board uboot-toradex. unfortunately i always get the 'Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment' msg, Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment
 bootcmd=bootp; setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=${serverip}:${rootpath} ip=${ipad dr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmask}:${hostname}::off; bootm
 bootdelay=5
 baudrate=115200here is the mtd partitions in linux,sh-4.2# cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 1e7c0000 00040000 "USR"
mtd1: 00300000 00040000 "BCT"
mtd2: 00040000 00040000 "PT"
mtd3: 00200000 00040000 "EBT"
mtd4: 00040000 00040000 "BMP"
mtd5: 00200000 00040000 "ENV"
mtd6: 00800000 00040000 "LNX"
mtd7: 00040000 00040000 "ARG"
and in fw_env.config,# Configuration file for fw_(printenv/saveenv) utility.
# Up to two entries are valid, in this case the redundant
# environment sector is assumed present.
# Notice, that the "Number of sectors" is ignored on NOR and SPI-dataflash.
# Futhermore, if the Flash sector size is ommitted, this value is assumed to
# be the same as the Environment size, which is valid for NOR and SPI-dataflash

# NOR example
# MTD device name	Device offset	Env. size	Flash sector size	Number of sectors
#/dev/mtd1		0x0000		0x4000		0x4000
#/dev/mtd2		0x0000		0x4000		0x4000

# MTD SPI-dataflash example
# MTD device name	Device offset	Env. size	Flash sector size	Number of sectors
#/dev/mtd5		0x4200		0x4200
#/dev/mtd6		0x4200		0x4200

# NAND example
#/dev/mtd0		0x4000		0x4000		0x20000			2
/dev/mtd5		0x0000		0x40000		0x200000		1please tell me the solution.