[U-Boot] fw_printenv - 'Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment'

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 30 11:59:38 CEST 2014

Dear shobin b,

In message <BAY177-W24A6AF38881CE02882F14EB2410 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> hi,   i'm using the uboot-tools (fw_printenv) to readout the env-settings of my toradex board uboot-toradex. unfortunately i always get the 'Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment' msg, Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment

Please restrict your line length to some 70 characters or so.

And please provide more dsetails: what exactly is your board name, and
which exact version of U-Boot are you running on it?

>  baudrate=115200here is the mtd partitions in linux,sh-4.2# cat /proc/mtd
> dev:    size   erasesize  name
> mtd0: 1e7c0000 00040000 "USR"
> mtd1: 00300000 00040000 "BCT"
> mtd2: 00040000 00040000 "PT"
> mtd3: 00200000 00040000 "EBT"
> mtd4: 00040000 00040000 "BMP"
> mtd5: 00200000 00040000 "ENV"
> mtd6: 00800000 00040000 "LNX"
> mtd7: 00040000 00040000 "ARG"

Please also show the corresponding boot messages of the Linux kernel
so we can see how which partition is where, on which device, etc.

> and in fw_env.config,# Configuration file for fw_(printenv/saveenv) utility.

Argh... Your mix of your text and quoted command output is basically
unreadable.  Please try and make your mails a bit easier to read.

Apparently your config file is wrong, but you don't provide enough
information to spot the actual issue.

> /dev/mtd5		0x0000		0x40000		0x200000 1please tell me the solution.

In any case your flash sector size (2 MB) is totally bogus.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_