[U-Boot] A23 u-boot with SPL / dram init available in my personal git repo

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Dec 13 14:58:38 CET 2014

Hi,

On 09-12-14 13:31, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:

<snip>

> Also I have a schematic file for A23 that someone provided me.
> I don't remember who...
>
> It lists:
>    - ALDO2 connected to VCC-DLL @ 2.5V
>    - ALDO3 to VCC-PLL and AVCC (analog power) @ 3.0V
>    - DCDC1 to all the normal stuff @ 3V
>    - DCDC2 to VDD-SYS @ 1.1V
>    - DCDC3 to VDD-CPU (main cpu) @ 1.1V (1.26V in my fex file)
>    - DCDC5 to VCC-DRAM @ 1.1V (1.5V in my fex file)
>    - DC5LDO to VDD-CPUS (special cpu)

Thanks for this info!

I've prepared a sun8i / A23 set for u-boot which I'll send upstream
as soon as I've verified that it does not break A31 support.

One thing which I've done is make u-boot explicitly disable power
outputs which are unused, the specific target for this is DCDC4
which is enabled by default at power on and not used on sun8i.

As a side effect this also disabled ALDO1 which is enabled at power
on too, and guess what, promptly my sdcard stopped working.

So it seems that ALDO1 is hookedup to the sdcard on the Ippo
tablets, for now I've also enabled ALDO1 in the defconfig for V5, it would
be great if you could give my current sunxi-wip branch a try on your
V5 tablet, and if it works remove the setting of ALDO1 from the V5
defconfig and then try again. If it is like my V1.2 then it will
stop booting when the SPL tries to load u-boot from the sdcard.

Regards,

Hans