[U-Boot] uboot/linux version compatibilty

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 7 12:26:49 CET 2014

Dear santosh,

In message <CAFcFeQJwzz=RHiSpm6FCMLoFmwjXNkDsqmjchfwO9EpmeOSrVw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Currently our production device has uboot 1.1.2  and Linux kernel 2.6.10.
>
> We are planning to upgrade Linux kernel to 2.6.18 without upgrading
> uboot version.
>
> Can you please let us know incompatibility issues if any?

U-Boot v1.1.2 is more than 9 years old, and even Linux v2.6.18 is
nearly 8 years old - so all the versions you list here (including
your "new" Linux version) are so totally antiquated that those
engineers who still might remember have long been pensioned off ;-)

In your specific case I would not expect any serious incompatibili-
ties, but don't hold your breath.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own  elite,  its  own
aristocracy based on excellence of performance. - James Bryant Conant