[U-Boot] Porting a freescale sabrelite-like board to master ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 22 23:43:53 CET 2014

Dear Thierry,

In message <53090207.5060003 at free.fr> you wrote:

> > The kernel version is actually totally uninteresting here.  What
> > matters is what U-Boot version you have.  Let me guess - it is some
> > v2009.x - i. e. 5 year old stuff?
> Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more specific.
> What I meant is that my current u-boot version is
> tag "rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0" from
> http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git

Yes - which is, as I guessed, based on U-Boot v2009.08 (i. e. 5 yeards
old code plus a zillion out-of-tree patches).  This is totally
unusable for any commercial project; the code is unmaintainable.

> So I am thinking about re-bringing support for sabrelite my branch, first.

As others have explained, this is not your problem.  But you still
have to port U-Boot to your own hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Unix: Some say the learning curve is steep,  but  you  only  have  to
climb it once.                                      - Karl Lehenbauer