[U-Boot] how to get u-boot code with arm64: core support

Abraham Varricatt abraham.varricatt at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 15 12:27:11 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn,
>
> In message <FE7ADED5C2218B4786C09CD97DC4C49FD122B6 at exchbj02.viatech.com.bj> you wrote:
>>
>> CROSS_COMPILE=/home/lion/ARMv8/gcc-linaro-aarch64/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
>
> Side note:
>
> It is always wrong to use an absolute path name for CROSS_COMPILE.
> You should use "CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu-" and make sure your
> PATH is set correctly.

Actually, I also give the full path name when defining CROSS_COMPILER
variable. This is because I find myself juggling between different
compilers, located in different locations for the same build (personal
experimentation). Is there some dependency on the PATH variable that
I'm missing? Or is this just convention?

-Abraham V.