[U-Boot] booting os 'Unknown OS' (1) is not supported

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jan 17 17:11:35 CET 2014

Hi Alexander,

[...]

> *ERROR: booting os 'Unknown OS' (1) is not supported*

Hm, very strange.  Looking up the code, the '1' is the image type
contained in the uImage header.  It is defined to be OpenBSD in
include/image.h and if your U-Boot doesn't have support for that, you
will get that message.  This however doesn't make sense to have an
uImage with this type.

Can you do an 'mkimage -l <image>' on your development host to check the
contents of the header?  If this looks good, then somehow the image
seems to be overwritten before trying to boot, but I don't see where.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
I object to doing things that computers can do.   -- Olin Shivers