[U-Boot] booting os 'Unknown OS' (1) is not supported

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jan 17 17:17:00 CET 2014

Hi Alexander,

> Also if flashed 3.12_zImage (same kernel, same sources, just zImage)

Ok, zImage doesn't have the uImage header, so we will not see any
information nor will U-Boot be able to verify a checksum there.

> reading kernel..device 0 Start 1063, Count 16384
> MMC read: dev # 0, block # 1063, count 16384 ... 16384 blocks read: OK
> completed
> reading RFS..device 0 Count 17447, Start 2048
> MMC read: dev # 0, block # 17447, count 2048 ... 2048 blocks read: OK
> completed
> Boot with zImage
> Wrong Ramdisk Image Format

Note that you also have a problem with your ramdisk, even if the kernel
starts, it will likely not do much if it needs the ramdisk.

> Starting kernel ...
>

> And it's stucked at "Starting kernel ..."

Let's say "we don't see anything after Starting kernel ....".  This is
also a common case when the kernel cannot open an initial console.  It
may well be that the kernel runs but without a console you will see
nothing.  To diagnose this you'd need to be sure that "bootargs" is
setup properly before booting the kernel.

Let's step back a bit.  Do you have a kernel and ramdisk and kernel
command line that works on your board?  I.e. do we have a "working case"
that we can retreat to for further tests?  Also is U-Boot and the kernel
mainline?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The management question  ...  is not  _whether_  to build a pilot system
and throw it away.  You _will_ do that.  The only question is whether to