[U-Boot] Fwd: [ Uboot code understanding guide ]

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 27 15:26:26 CET 2014

Dear Devarsh gadhia,

In message <CAFeYsEOoPFCCXe_Q-+0gbXW3-Suh0g7LsLSVr=0L9r-0ULHo0g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have started working on uboot porting on beaglebone black.

What exactly needs porting on this board?  Does UBoot not work right
out of the box?

> I want to learn the code flow of uboot code so that i can add necessary
> HOOKs for the porting and understanding the kernel and fs porting further.
>
> i am new to uboot and linux so could you please let me know the way to
> start with the walk through of the code ?

As it has been pointed out several times in the last few days: start
at _start, and follow the flow...   See also the archives.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Unix is supported by IBM, like a hanging man is supported by rope.
		        - Don Libes & Sandy Ressler: _Life With Unix_