[U-Boot] Giving control to standalone app.

mazen.e mazen.ezzeddine at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 13:10:41 CEST 2014

Dear all,

At the moment U-Boot branches to the OS entry point, U-Boot  is dead and no
longer exists, does this property hold also when u-boot loads a standalone
application.

In fact, I want to 'give control' to a standalone application,  what does
exactly  the word 'give control' mean? e.g. 'giving control' is established
by implementing an infinite loop in the standalone such that the  body of
the loop executes continuously specific tasks or responding to particular
interrupts? in such case what happens to u-boot? what if after a particular
event in the standalone  app I want to return to u-boot?

Please excuse me for this beginner question.

Best wishes.