[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v1, 3/3] ARM: omap: merge GPMC initialization code for all platform

Ash Charles ash at gumstix.com
Wed Jul 9 01:49:11 CEST 2014

Hi Pekon,
On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Gupta, Pekon <pekon at ti.com> wrote:
> Sorry seeing this bit late. Were you able to root cause the issue ?
Did you see http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/356984/ ?
This resolves the issue for me but I'd welcome any feedback you have
on this fix.

> Also, the change in u-boot, should not affect the kernel.
> That means kernel's GPMC driver was depending on some pre-configured
> value, which is wrong.
> There were couple of fixes for SMSC controller pushed in 3.16 kernel,
> Are following in your tree ?
> fb677ef  tony at atomide.com  ARM: OMAP2+: Fix GPMC remap for devices using an offset
> efe8072  tony at atomide.com  ARM: OMAP2+: Fix oops for GPMC free
Okay---I'd seen the breakage on both the standard 3.5 kernel for my
board (overo) as well as on the then-mainline version 3.15+ which is
why I dived into u-boot to find a fix.  I was likely missing these two
commits though!

Thanks,
Ash